Tuesday, June 14, 2016

KFP3

Kung Fu Panda 3 today! Finally got (around) to it. I'd been meaning to see it, but had never been in the mood, even though I knew it'd been supposed to be good. It was just always like, whatever.
     Trying this with 5 spaces consistently, seeing if this paragraphing format works. Anyway. Kung Fu Panda 3. I saw it! Should I have done homework instead? maybe. Should I be doing that now? Or maybe heading to bed? Probably.
     Man I'm not sure about this formatting. Feels claustrophobic. At least to me.
     And I'm still so used to only hitting three spaces for the artificially induced indent. Oh well.
     It's a great movie, anyway. The best, arguably, of a fantastic trilogy (side note: I am so so so so so so so so glad that they didn't actually go through with subtitling the second one The Kaboom of Doom. I'd imagine that then I'd have quite a different opinion on the capabilities of sequel movies in the series to possess quality.) Just wish that I weren't in the middle of experimenting with format right now. I can't really talk about anything comfortably. Nothing personal, R.L. Stein Po. I was praising your movie, anyway.
     It's the most visually audacious film I've seen in my life. It consistently blew my mind and surpassed my expectations (which just kept ratcheting up beyond 11 the further I got into it) as it went along. They pulled out all the stops in designing the montage scenes-- in terms of stylization, I can't think of a single genre they didn't ape, and gloriously. And always, always when I thought, there's no way they're going to top this shot with the next shot, I was proven wrong.
   I got an Art of Zootopia book just for the Zootopia... now I really am considering getting an Art of Kung Fu Panda 3 just for the art. Because hooooooooly craaaaaaaap.
    Did... did that previous paragraph have only an indent of 3 spaces? Man this is tough.
     And that paragraph had only 4 spaces! *sigh.* Man, now I forget what I was- oh that's right. We've got sites like TV Tropes that tell us the tropes of the story of a movie, with only occasional forays into the things that a movie does visually. I'd really love to see a wiki dedicated similarly, but specifically and explicitly on what a work does visually. Specifically with films, or stylish TV shows. Because in total seriousness, as fun as TV Tropes is and all that, my bucket of creative inspiration doesn't fill from reading it. It's only through actually watching movies that my (visual design) imagination is sparked...
     Aaand one more paragraph with a five-space indent to round things out.
     Ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh! J.K. Simmons gets to get angry the way he do, and plus Hans Zimmer doing the score and, apparently incorporating Imagine Dragons of all things into it? And plus plus the generic sappy inspirational song that plays over the end credits is so terrible, you can actually enjoy it ironically in an unironic manner! It's amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment