Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Alright, I *Did* Get Some of the Stuff Due Today Done Yesterday; I'm Just Saying that I Wish I'd Gotten More, Is All

   Something I didn't even consider up till today: yesterday, after talking to my typography teacher/faculty mentor, how it's okay to be delaying of the BFA press, and I can take my time taking classes? I have realized that that means that my Family History course was alright, since I'm in no big push to finish my religion courses all up, and I didn't really need to drop it in favor of one of the religion "cornerstone" classes (not that Eternal Family class is bad or anything!) But what I realized today was, with my Family History class dropped, who played the piano there yesterday?

   No one, I guess?

   I wouldn't know. Anyway, yes, yesterday was nice, and swaggerly, and I had only one class and one thing due, and I could zip around on, like, adventures or whatever it was I would have gotten myself into, but today I had four classes, and something due in each of them, minus the early morning one of art history, which had at least due for it, waking up and getting ready by 7:45... That's not terribly early, but, when you know that you've got three classes' worth of things that need to be turned in actually is kind of-- oh! Wait never mind, I did have something due in that class as well, so. Yes. Busy day, I am pooped, and if I were writing I'd rather be writing about Finn Moone, because the juices are flowing once again A Real Thing-wise.

   The two books I checked out yesterday, from the two separate libraries like I said: Glamour in Glass by Mary Robinette Kowal, and The Anubis Gates by Tim Powers. I guess I'm just heavy into Regency stuff, and I didn't even know it?

   I also have checked out right now, though from last week: Mr Monster by Dan Wells, which I'd also had checked out even earlier but had to turn in before I could finish it... It's, really quite something. Simultaneously a page-turner, and, I keep on having to set the book down for like 15 minutes every couple of paragraphs, just to let everything sink in. I think this is the first fiction book to affect me this way; usually only C.S. Lewis non-fiction can do this to me. That Johnny Cleaver, I see myself a lot in him, and, well this is a conversation for another day, because I could really go into it...

   And also, The Animator's Survival Kit, by Richard Williams. Though I'm not running the Animation Workshop, thank goodness, and- oh, I almost forgot, Comic Book Workshop, first day of the semester today. Looks like we're not doing the Workshop "lab hours" in the Crossroads on Saturdays this semester, which is good, because Animation Workshop has a lab on Saturdays this semester instead... see how things work out? No? Wel- well, okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment