Sunday, April 3, 2016

Polishes!

   The morality of Conference weekend is so weird. Sunday conference, and though it's the sabbath it isn't structured like one, and doesn't feel like one, and though it's General Conference time which should be supernally spiritual, we abandon that sabbathy stuff just because there's no church today. Not that I don't also do this or anything. It's just, something. Really quite.

   Painted nails, also. Another LDS General Conference tradition. I'm not sure why fingernail polish is seen as a lady-ing thing. I think it's crazy and random and arbitrary, that we take our demi-vestigial claws and decorate them, but I do find that awesome. Why the flying fuzzball would this practice be strictly effeminative? I can see wearing dresses, and all that, but, the more arbitrary the ornamentation the more arbitrary the cultural rules governing it. My fingernails look great. Really gorgeous solid black color, with a layer of gloss over that, and then a layer of glitter-gloss over that. It's like my fingers are dressed in sweet little tuxes or something.


No comments:

Post a Comment