Saturday, April 2, 2016

Batman v Superman Fix

   It's best to go into General Conference (still #ldsconf, still not sure about that, and, hashtags, that's how Tumblr labels blog posts; I think I know how I'm going to implement Jaques as a labeling function to this blog, but well I suppose I still need to finish the backlog of the post where I even announce the idea, first) best to go into General Conference with a question or two that you have about whatever life guidance topic or just whatever. They say that then your question will get answered!, which is fun. Fun feature. Have my questions been answered yet?

   Man, I don't know; there's still 4 hours' worth of Conference left, I can talk about it tomorrow.

   Three good scenes, no bad ones, that's what makes a good movie, right? Batman v Superman has more than three good scenes (let's see, there's Neil DeGrasse Tyson et al discussing the idea of Superman in a world where Superman's real; friggin' Batman fighting friggin' Superman; and basically all the scenes with Lex Luthor in them) but it also has, well I guess this is where the critical dissonance comes in, whether you viewed any of the other scenes as "bad." (Zack Snyder action sequence directing style = Zack Snyder never letting you forget for a moment whom the fight sequence you're watching was directed by.) Ninja Turtle at the end wasn't as shoehorned in as I thought it would be, but, geez, Zack, give us a breather between fight scenes, or something; the way it fit into the rest of the film just made it seem really shoehorned, when it didn't need to feel that way.

   Maybe move the scene where Diana Prince is going through the files of the rest of the metahumans, to after the titular fight? She doesn't even appear as Wonder Woman (in the present at least of course) until she saves Batman's bat-neck from Doomsday, so that makes sense, and having the scene where it stands now, right before Bats and Supes fight, interrupts all forward momentum at a time when the audience is ready and totally jazzed to see the titular confrontation finally actually happen. I'm probably not the only one who thinks that this would be an improvement! I hope I'm not the only one who thinks that this would be an improvement! I don't care if it would make me some kind of crazy genius if I were the only one to see this; it's such an obvious fix you guys.

   I'd, Google to see if anyone else has come up with this suggestion or more suggestions like this, but I don't have a clue what keywords I would use. The only thing I can think of is, "Batman v Superman fix," but that's bringing back to me either something parodius, like the idea that Bryan Cranston or Bruce Campbell singlehandedly inject some awesome; or it results in the wrong kind of "fix;" superhero junkies satisfying their joneses. So I don't know. There, I named today's post that; now we'll get an honest hit.

   Naturally, this evening I went to see Zootopia again instead. I'm actually picking up more and more each time; I could totally do that "viewing a day" thing I'd originally conceived of with Lion King. There's a lot of notes I took; I'll dump those on my other blog, alongside notes from previous viewings. Haven't posted over there in a few weeks; apparently it was so I could make room for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment