Tuesday, April 26, 2016

I Feel Like I Can Relax a Bit

   I feel like I can relax a bit. Though, well, it turns out that though there's nothing due on Tuesdays that needs to be done, that doesn't stop classes tomorrow from requiring me to read and write things, and with all the classes to attend tomorrow it'd be easiest to get that reading in sooner rather than later... which is probably totally why instead I checked out two new novels to read from the libraries, and spent a lot of time today reading those instead.

   But like I said, besides that reading that needs done, I feel like I can relax a bit. Going up to the professor-who-is-also-my-faculty-mentor after Typography class with him this morning, approaching with the question of what to do and how to go about getting a degree when I can conceivably achieve it by the end of next semester (though that doesn't give me much time at all to prepare a portfolio to bump up my arts degree to a fine arts degree, and also doesn't allow me to take advanced typography like I'd like, and all that other stuff I told you about already) he told me to take classes and learn, and getting a BFA would take more credits, and require more schooling anyway.

   And, the Advanced Typography course I want to take, with the prerequisite of the Graphic Design class that I'm taking Fall Semester (which itself has the typography course I'm taking this semester as a prereq for it (which, you know, explains why I'm only taking it the semester after this one))... the Graphic Design course runs Fall semester, but the Advanced Typography course is only Spring Semester, so I'd have to wait a whole semester after completing my Graphic Design course anyway before I'd be able to take the Advanced Typography class. And so I guess that that means that I can take my time graduating anyway, especially if I am aiming at a BFA, and my portfolio would be so much more prepared for that as well if I waited too... so I don't have to fret about getting my portfolio done this semester or even next.

   And I can also relax a bit on whether I have to run Animation Workshop this semester... feeling kind of sick, and needing to work on work stuff, I spent today mostly generally not-preparing for the workshop (in making any slideshows or anything, at least; I'm totally watching a lynda.com tutorial series on how to work Autodesk Maya, the computer graphics animation software.) It's not really like I'm the official workshop head, is it; I'm not even sure how legal it is to run a workshop without havign completed the requisite paperwork, so I figured this week would be just a sort of unofficial getting-to-know-you? I went in about a half-hour early to the workshop classroom, figuring maybe I could work on the slideshow there, but this guy was there setting up, and he's running the workshop this semester! Thank goodness.

   So that's, two things I don't have to worry about. Is that too much of a letdown? Gosh I hope not. I think it's nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment