Friday, March 31, 2017

A-hem, Well...


I don't wanna say that I lost my new phone less than a week after I got it, but... 

Well, we don't know for sure that's what happened. I mean, we do have its location to within under 100 feet... you can't really call it lost if you've got that...




I thought it was just somewhere in the apartment, because that's where I remember having it last. So for sure, I've got no memories of this... it would have been Tuesday, though, judging from my memories of what outfits I've worn this week and whether it possibly could have been in my pocket at the time. I mean, I think Tuesday. Not really sure, though, like I said, just thought it was still in the apartment just under a cushion or something. Lucky I thought to check, when I couldn't find it anywhere here...

I scoured the computer lab, though, which is where the 20 meters seems to be centered around and is where it'd be anyway because that's where I would've been; it's not there, as far as I can make of it. Tried ringing it, no sound, there, nothing audible even at full volume; plus wherever it wound up it stayed, so nobody stumbled across it to turn it in to a lost and found, so I think we can safely say: when I accidentally unwittingly lost it, I must have done so very neatly, in a clever, soundproof hiding place. 

That's one of three theories, at least.

Another idea is, it's in the custodial office for some reason, which is right next to the computer lab. Maybe Ryan brought it in in his lunchbag without knowing it, and it's in his locker or something. This theory is appealing for several reasons: it explains why there's nothing audible going on when you try to ring it, because it's ringing behind a thick door during a time when nobody'd be in (i.e., daylight hours); it explains why it hasn't been taken to the lost and found, because nobody's found it because it's not lying around in some public space; it explains why it wound up in the Spori when I don't remember taking it there, because I didn't take it there, my brother the early-morning janitor did. Ryan denies taking it in, but I find this the most logical of the explanations. Plus it takes the blame off of me for having lost my phone for the third time. So, a lot of pretty good reasons all around.

Either that, or it's been taken up by the rapture, and is actually floating somewhere above the Spori. The technological singularity is surely upon us...

No comments:

Post a Comment