Thursday, November 9, 2017

Getting Lost, Going to the Movies, Buying All the Pies

I'm pretty sure there was an Indexing training thing this evening, showing you how to work with the new in-browser Indexing program FamilySearch has, but I tried to find the location where it was allegedly being held and the address didn't exist. So I decided to go to the movies instead, maybe catch Thor Ragnarok again and also get groceries, but I was so mixed up and lost after not finding the address, that I had to knock on a stranger's door (technically basement window) and get directions. And then trekking out in the direction they'd indicated (two lefts, with a mile and a half in between them!) he drove his truck up behind me (technically to my right) and offered me a ride.

And the time saved meant that I could catch the Thursday preview of Murder on the Orient Express instead.

That movie is, okay. There's a lot to admire about the cinematography, and the adaptation is pretty nice, and Kenneth Branagh kills it as Poirot like you don't even miss David Suchet at all, okay maybe a little bit because he's David Suchet, but still I hope there are more Branagh Poirot films, but, you know the ending, where it's like man you never would have seen it coming, I think, here's what I think, I think that they try to build up to that reveal, only instead of building up it kind of slows the movie down at the end, actually; but, the rest of the movie is awesome, just the ending is kind of boggy, which is why it's getting mixed reviews. A lot of the time I can't see why critics would dislike a movie (see: Monster Trucks, My Little Pony, Rainbow Brite, etc, etc, etc) but this time I can. But the boggy ending, that's the only part not great about the movie. The rest of it is, like, oh my gosh the cast is so awesome, Josh Gad kills it, like seriously Josh Gad I didn't see that coming but he's powerful in this, and even Johnny Depp kills it, like, he does actual real characterization in this movie instead of the "quirky" whatever he usually does.

And then he dies, because he's the corpse du jour. It happens.

And then I went shopping, and I bought, five, five pies at least. So many pies. More pies than you can shake a stick at. And, a pizza pie, too; counts as a pie.

FAQ time.

Q: can you even afford all that pie?
A: heck no.
Q: worth it?
A: heck yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment