Saturday, November 18, 2017

Perfect Timing

I could have gotten more NaNoWriMo in today, but I wrote some setting stuff for Other//half instead, in an attempt to work out what my 4-page comic is going to be (retroactively: was already,) as part of the comic book workshop showcase book. I think I know, there's something I did on my mission or just after it that would fit perfectly in four pages, but the notes for that are at home. Luckily I'll be heading there in a couple of days, eh?

The writing I did do today though, well I did finish off section 14 of my outline TTDECBA-wise, but I meant the writing for the Other//half project: the sheer nature of the technological advancements that would need to have taken place by the time the main plot is set, it's rife with political conflict and interesting story possibilities. That's why I said I wrote some "setting stuff," today, instead of "backstory" or "worldbuilding." It's been over five years since I first mentioned it, but the future world of Other//half really would be a killer setting for an RPG, with so many intriguing campaigns able to take place any number of places along the world's timeline.

As far as NaNoWriMo does go, I'm just about 3,000 words behind from where I need to be average-wordcount-per-day-wise. Thanksgiving is on the way, though, and good thing too, like I said-- within 72 hours of writing this, I'll be in a car, on a long trip home with almost nothing to do. 

Minor spoilers, but looking at the outline, the scene I'm going to be on by then will be an auction scene and the lead-up to a heist, the execution of which takes up much of part 6 (I just finished part 4.) So we'll see how I handle that.

Also, I'm turning 26 tomorrow. It being past midnight in this timezone as I finish this post. I just realized this. Which means hopefully I'll get some birthday money, I'm not sure if I'm too old for that, but seriously I tried logging in/signing up for the online bank card thing with the new plasma debit card, and I can't get past the ReCaptcha. Maybe I could, attach the number to my PayPal, and send the money to myself? Anyway, if I am getting money tomorrow, then it truly is a time for thanksgiving, because, look at all this fortunate timing.

No comments:

Post a Comment