Monday, November 20, 2017

The Smiths, The Smiths, and My Mission

I post up a song each year ever since I turned 23, and I'd been toying with the idea of making it "This Year" by The Mountain Goats this year, but then I thought about the birthday stuff in Studio C's The Smiths 2 sketch, and so I looked up The Smiths, which is also a band of course. And it turns out they(The Smiths)'ve got a birthday song? It's apparently on Strangeways, Here We Come, which I checked out of the library once but I don't think I remember this track. (It's probably one of the albums I didn't get to, is why; I checked out like all the The Smiths albums at the same time, and didn't get around to them by the time they were due.)

The song itself is named, Unhappy Birthday. Because The Smiths.


Anyway I've been thinking about my mission lately. Yesterday marked the three-year anniversary of my homecoming, and I only noticed it today. I've almost spent as much time at school here, by now, as I did on my mission. Yoikes.

Elder Susov appeared in my dream last night, and I'm getting flashbacks today of Elder Glenn enthusiastically doing the "hooray!" in the "You've Had a Birthday, Shout Hooray" song. Also, there's some Elder Rose stuff I talk about on A Real Thing instead of writing more NaNoWriMo, for some reason. I had two companions named Elder Smith, but they aren't actually any of the Smiths I thought about today.

So. I wrote extensively in my journal, on my mission, but never quite finished it. There's still the last week, week and a half to write about. I do have notes, and it being three years and all and those memories fading I'd been going to arrange those notes finally, today, but never got around to it and/or forgot to. 

Maybe after NaNoWriMo?

No comments:

Post a Comment