Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Seven List (Six List Part the Second)

A sequel post to everything discussed in this one? Well, you don't have a choice, that's what I'm doing. I don't have much interesting stuff to say about all of it, but I do about enough of it to make me choose this as my topic for the day.

1. Tony Boi shoots. There was one yesterday, and there will be one tomorrow, and another one on Friday. But none today. I could go to the temple today instead. I don't even want to say how long it's been.

2. Art Night. It would be tomorrow, but there's none this week. Even though we actually have real tattoo paper this time, and a plan set up to collaborate on an installation at the Spori together this semester.

3. Date this evening to see My Little Pony: The Movie. She actually really did like it a lot, which is good, because tonight I realized, going to the movies is a terrible date idea if your taste in movies is as, um, acquired, as mine is. I strongly suspect that the my Little Pony Movie is a good one, but I also strongly suspect that about, most movies I watch. Because they're the kinds of movies I'd watch in the first place maybe? Going to the movies isn't supposed to be that great a date idea in the first place, actually, because it's hardly a date, but it's super low pressure, plus you get to eat popcorn in a room both large and dark.

4. Pasted up flyers for being a freelance family historian tutor entity around the places that they allow flyers to be posted up, over the weekend. Churches are apparently not such places, not for for-profits at least. Oops. No calls yet. Or anything. I know I should be patient with it, but I need $501 for next semester's tuition, somehow, by next semester. It's at that sweet spot where it's too much for me to be able to cover without a job, but too little to get desperate over. I'm trying to make money on my own, but, well, I've illustrated previously my magical lack of ability to get hired for anything I apply for. I still want to spend next summer working up in Alaska, but next summer kind of takes place after this winter semester, funny thing, so it would only be good for maybe paying off student debt if I decide to go into debt to pay next semester's tuition, but like I said it's not enough to get desperate over, so.

5. This week's Writing Excuses is about serialized storytelling again. Brandon Sanderson has an interesting process of outlining a series. You can listen to him explain it if you want to. Yeah, not much to say about that. Though, I might as well talk about writing then, using this point as an excuse to do so. This also continues from my previous point, which is fortuitous. Because it involves making money. Dad asked me today/yesterday, via Facebook post comment, whether I've considered selling my writing work to short story magazines or anything. The short answer to that is yes, but the long answer is, Writers of the Future is an awesome competition, which I want to enter and hopefully win, but a requirement for entering is that you mustn't have made money off of your writing so far, open strictly to amateurs and not professionals. I do have a story I want to submit to them, but it's only outlined and not written. I don't think I'll be able to write it until after NaNoWriMo. Another great segue, because speaking of which...

6. NaNoWriMo stuff. I reported yesterday, how circumstances changed between my outline and my novel as written so far? Still kind of stuck, but I think I have a solution. You'll see if I succeed or fail on A Real Thing., I guess.

7. Also something about Fandomonium[!] that I'd forgot to mention is that there's always a League booth, with some game always playing live on TV, and now that I actually know what the heck would be going on, it's especially disappointing that it didn't happen this semester. It would have been a week ago today, had it gone on. Oh well. Maybe next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment