Tuesday, November 14, 2017

MvM

Settling up my tithing debts, making sure the math is all squared away; there's a temple dedication this sunday you need to be a worthy temple recommend holder, and thus a full tithe payer, to watch. It would be nice to have money right now, but my patriarchal blessing specifically mentions how rad it is to pay tithing, so.

But man if I had money, I just found something fantastic to blow it on.

It's a cooperative board game called Mechs vs Minions, and I'd heard of it, seriously ranked 21 on Boardgamegeek, but it's also, um, like, super pricey. Like, up there with Gloomhaven, pricey. I'm only talking about it here instead of immediately adding it to my wishlist, it's so pricey. I could get 6 of those t-shirts I linked to yesterday, for the price of one of these games.

But it turns out that it's a League of Legends board game. And not just any League of Legends board game, but one more-or-less based around the champion I main as.


https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/209010/mechs-vs-minions

But I, like, it blows my mind; the whole scenario behind the game is that it's academy training gone wrong, put on by my main man Rumble, training his fellow yordles how to fight in mech suits against minions the way he do. He doesn't come as a playable character, like no miniature of him as far as I know, but there's a campaign, and stuff to unlock, so I don't know. But the game does come with painted miniatures, of Ziggs, and Heimerdinger, and Tristana, and Corki, and you won't know those characters if you don't know your League, but I know those characters, and I love playing those characters (as bad as I am at some of them,) and I hate playing against those characters, and this is super exciting to know that this is a thing.

Also it's a programming game and that's one of my favorite game mechanics.

...

Uuum so actually never mind, good news, it's actually just super expensive on Amazon for some reason, must be a Wave 1 thing, and Wave 2 is available on the official Riot Games store for half of Amazon's price, here. BONUS. Still not going on my Amazon wishlist, but, you know. The link's right there if anybody's interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment