Saturday, November 25, 2017

Wordcount Buckler

There's only about 11,000 words I need to write in order to achieve the 50,000 word minimum NaNoWriMo novel length. 2,200 words a day for five days, still 533 words a day more than the minimum average, but not tough to achieve at all. I wrote 3,434 words today, a little over twice the minimum.

But it's not the precise wordcount that's worrying me. It's being able to get through the remaining sections of outline. There are 28 sections, and I've completed 19 of them. 9 more sections to write, in five days. Try to divide that, it doesn't go so evenly. Not that every section needs to be a minimum of 1,667 words; if it were 1,222 words I'd be able to get it. I got a pretty hefty spate of anxiety today, thinking about needing to do about two sections a day, and how I had only barely started today's writing. The anxiety went away when I buckled down and got a solid chunk of wordcount it.

But... I'm not sure, but I think tough sections might be coming up again.

Today was a tough section. Well, they were two easy sections, but I'd put off writing a certain reveal, not placing it where it's placed in the outline for plotting reasons. Finally deciding today where to put it, that was pretty tough. I'm boring myself just writing this, but it was pretty important. There was some pretty fatty writer's block until I buckled down and got in any words at all, a metafictional message to myself in the form of character dialogue, which made no sense in context but that's a good thing because there was context, not just empty page, once I plowed through it. And I deleted that part, sad to say.

Anyway, part of why I came down here, or wanted to come down here, for Thanksgiving was for the notes to the comic due on the 30th, which I thought might have been here. Searching in the garage through my old stuff from that time period, though, I realize that the notes for it actually are back at the apartment in Rexburg. Really. Pretty sure. Because I know the context and, that is where they would be.

No comments:

Post a Comment