Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Stuff I'm Good At?

Man, that League of Legends is really a jiving scene right now. Joint is jumpin', you know? Place is hoppin'. They've totally revamped the, system thing, and really streamlined a lot of things. IP and Blue Essence have been combined into just Blue Essence, and hexes and masteries have been combined into one and the same as well. And some other stuff.

Every update wipes the, replay, queue, thing; that is, they save the last 20 games you've played so that you can download them and watch them again should you choose, but they dump that data every time they update. And I'd had, like, four or five games I'd downloaded and meant to replay, which all got wiped. That's actually okay, though, because this new update is so tight.

Like, also, now, you can level up beyond level 30; you still earn XP after hitting that and everything. I'm maybe 75% of the way to level 31 already.

Also, maybe I wouldn't have brought up League at all (even though this new update really is super great) but for the fact that, hey check it out: I earned S- on Rumble again, just now. Which means that I'm halfway to getting him to level 6. And I also got a chest for my accomplishment. Though really I can't recall what was in it... probably a skin for a champion I don't own...

Yep, nothing at all trivial about my victories! (But seriously, it's one of the few things in life I'm capable of winning at. It's actually somewhat important to me.)

I'm thinking of posting up some of the Rumble victories I downloaded, replayed and recorded (like seriously there was this one game, oh man,) post those up with commentary onto my YouTube channel. That'd be some good, content... And maybe people will start subscribing to me then! Because I'm a filmmaker!

Shooting for Tony Boi this afternoon; there's one more scene I'm in after the one we shot today, and that's it (technically just a continuation of the same scene we shot today, like, we only shot half of it, but it requires fancy camerawork to complete the second half so they're holding off on it till they're ready.)

The cast and crew were waiting at the Cocoa Bean for the shoot to begin, taking place in the alley across the street, and there was a woman there, college-age I'm going to say, but already it looks like she was a professional artist. She had this illustration, and these digital mockups of what it would look like colored, that she was going over with some guy, doubtless her client. She was way good. She's probably an illustration major, even, because it looked like she had some serious technique. And I saw that and I thought, must be nice to have your degree in something you're actually good at.

But really, videography. Doing NaNoWriMo, coming up with these crazy and deep plot points on the fly, and everything, makes me realize that, though I guess I love filmmaking, and as far as graphic design goes printmaking, but-- and with today's shoot, how intensive a process filmmaking is to get right-- as good as I may or may not be at those things, writing is still what I'm best at. (Or, it makes me realize more fully; "we know the written word is your medium," Mom wrote in an email to me a few months into my mission, and that's stuck with me ever since.)

I don't know what this means, though. I mean, I announced only a couple of weeks ago that I'd be stepping up my filmmaking game, because that is apparently what I'm good at. So, what, script my YouTube videos out more fully? Sure.

...

The soup place is never open when you need it... seriously I've a hangry hankering for some soup right about now...

No comments:

Post a Comment