Friday, November 3, 2017

Some Wins and Losses

Totally spaced the fact that art workshops are on Fridays. Start at 4:30; I would have been shopping at the time. They allegedly went over character design, from what I heard; I'd thought that they were going to do that last week but they talked about how to create raster art instead, and if there's one point of graphic design I actually have proficiency in it's raster art. I mean, I know the basics of character design, but they were also supposed to offer pointers on how to draw the same character consistently from different angles and over multiple times, and if there's one point of character design I need pointers on it's that. At least I'm not doing that webcomic launch this month like I'd planned... 

I somehow managed to get my NaNoWriMo wordcount in; it's a very exposition-heavy chapter. My outline has a lot of that exposition being done in sections one and two (i.e. the first chapter,) but writing the thing I couldn't find place for it so I put it all here, which would have been a short section otherwise. It's just the last few paragraphs that are outlined for this particular chapter.

I did get in the, technical wordcount for the day, but doing the math I actually need about 700 words more in order to be at 5,000 words, or three days or 10% of the way through the month. Eh, shouldn't be too hard.

Saw Thor today. The My Little Pony Movie is out of FatCats 6 and into Paramount 5 now, already; disappointing, because I couldn't bounce from one to the other. I chose some weird obscure matinee showing, and it was pretty full; the only movie theater I've seen more packed on opening day was non-matinee Zootopia (though even this one wasn't nearly as full as that; I had the entire first three rows to myself today.) Also, this evening was International Cinema Night; it was a, Scandinavian-Icelandic existential drama? Its name escapes me, but of course I enjoyed it very much.

Designed and printed out my flyers for my service as a family history trainer, seeing if I can make any money doing, something I've already been able to make money doing in the past. (I've got one cent left on my I-Card, after this print job.)

So yeah. I'll probably be able to, like, ask about character design next week's artist lab; I'm actually putting it into my schedule this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment