Saturday, November 11, 2017

Understanding God

I've got all these thoughts, I guess. It's, stake conference, I guess it hadn't been a month ago, during that time I had to stay home sick from church. Something about music? Music must be important for worship, but it's always baffled me why we sing hymns in church. Music doesn't seem a churchy thing.

They tell us not to be duplicitous, they tell us to be happy and friendly and kind and loving toward others, and all that, but they also expect us to be reverent in church. I don't understand that. I don't understand the religion I believe.

I guess every religion has some aspect you're not supposed to understand- most say that it's God, is the part that you're supposed to be mystified by, but God's a fairly straightforward guy, and I've never found him particularly mysterious. The part of my religion I don't understand isn't God, but His church itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment