Sunday, November 5, 2017

November Legacy

I really don't have much heart to do the NaNoWriMo for the day. I don't need to, of course... but I'd need to make up for it later. And that'd be even worse. I'm just, I've got no idea how to get the pieces in place that the outline requires me to have. That's happened before, a couple of times already only four days in, and I discovery wrote and lined everything back up, but still...

Charterstone looks like the kind of game I'd either absolutely love or absolutely hate. It's got both worker placement and economic themes, and both of those are huge tossups for me; some of my all-time favorite and all-time least favorite board games are from those categories. That being said, with the experience being all, legacy, and playing with the same group of people and developing in-jokes and thematic justifications for your in-game actions, and everything, even if I'd dislike the game I think I'd enjoy the company quite a bit.

Also I'm not sure how the heck Season Two could even be a Pandemic game. I'm getting a SeaFall vibe off of it, but where do the diseases come in? Smallpox-infested blankets, that kind of thing? Holy crap, that's not only awesome, but way gutsy of them. If that, is how they'd do it. And it looks like it's paying off; people seem to be really giving it high marks...

I guess NaNoWriMo is like, a legacy game, in a sense. I could choose to skip writing for the day... but I'd have to pay the consequences on a later turn. And the choices that I make in writing the story affect the choices that I'll need to make later on...

NaNoWriMo: Legacy? Actually, it was two Novembers ago, when Alex and I played Pandemic Legacy Season 1...

No comments:

Post a Comment