Friday, October 19, 2018

Getting Hits in Places

It's still a little early to tell if this revamped refreshed look is giving us any new/extra readership. Some posts just get more hits than others, and all posts get more and more hits as time goes on of course, and so it's impossible to compare old post hit frequency with new post hit frequency, at least with the seemingly random hit pattern that occurs on my blog (I think it's bots for some reason??) and even then a lot of hit numbers are dependent on how clickable my post name is for some reason? and anyway, that's not what I want to talk about today.

Pouring effort into my IG posts, even if it takes up a comparatively insignificant part of the day, really makes it feel productive (or is correlation and causation swapped, and my productive-feeling days just more likely to have me squeeze a little elbow grease into my artwork??) I'm still doing that thing where I'm not checking my metrics on tonight's post until tomorrow, but from the brief sitting there that I did after I posted, setting what came in, I think it's going to be a popular one today.

Already though I'm feeling the tidal tug of whether I'm just churning out something soulless I'd know wood be pop'lar or knot. Still, even if I were to do that ever, I put my own little spin on things.

No comments:

Post a Comment