Thursday, October 18, 2018

Jugband Rocket (Helvetica)

JUGBAND ROCKET

And it's in- oh my, this is also in Helvetica. I'll keep it, because Wes Anderson. I'm not sure how many (if any!) likes or subs my latest IG post has gotten me, but I wouldn't be surprised if it were one of my most popular posts ever, because a) not only did I put a lot of time and effort into this one, but b) dudes really love Wes Anderson crap, you guys.

Wes Anderson also uses Futura, which is just like, one of the greatest typefaces ever, also which Ikea used to use until they switched over to Verdana which is the typeface I normally use on this blog of course. I'm 99% sure I've told you all this before, but it's a neat connection appropriate to the situation.

This is a nice typeface. It helps that it's in bold; a lot more Andersonian. Versus this lighter register, feel that? Actually I'm not entirely sure this is Mordecai Helvetica, it may be the Google-owned Helvetica-based Roboto instead...?, (which coincidentally I download in my latest vlog, you seen it yet?) I mean look at these periods, they're round while the normal drafting of Helvetica's jots and iotas are rectangular. And the tail on the uppercase R, it's a straight line while the standard drawing of a Helvetica R's tail is curved. I don't hate either of those things, mind you; those are my least favorite things about the typical Helvetica rendering. Also, these glyphs look suspiciously similar to the ones on my Kindle Fire keyboard, an Android device...

Still, I'm not sure why they'd lie to us...

No comments:

Post a Comment