Sunday, October 21, 2018

They're Making a Fourth Krrish Movie!

So yeah that's pretty extremely exciting. I haven't been really as big into Indian cinema as recently, well like recently recently I've been getting back into it, but before that, no, not as much. With my love of Bollywood though I'm really digging this new theme; there's just something so India-y about it...

Also it's kinda Disney Villain-y at the same time, which is why I'd not changed the formatting for so long before this; I didn't think one would be able to top what we had beforehand, with the red titles and hyperlinks being so thematic. But here we've got, like Jafar I guess, so it works.

And there's also class to it, and it's just a gorgeous rich texture anyhows, so yes I think I'll keep it for the foreseeable future. I'd been eyeing this other background, this ruled paper, and I would have rolled with that too were it not for the fact that it didn't continue all the way down the page as a pattern like this one does, it just, cut off, leaving a black void below it with the posts floating above (kind of like what we had before.)

So speaking of all that anyway, I'm going to change the subject because I want to talk about something else (I began the sentence and forgot where I was going with it, sorry.) Watching yesterday's Kal Ho Naa Ho  title track video again, I was struck by its wistfulness and longing. There's something inexpressible capable of being expressed by the very best films. Napoleon Dynamite has some of it. Wes Anderson films are full of it. And this song.

Wistful is one of those words that fits. It's one of those words you could verbigerate endlessly and never have it seem arbitrary. Like, spoon, what a weird word, you know?, but some words just, fit, intrinsically, the concepts they're describing.

Lush. Awkward. Quirky. And I've discovered another one now in wistful. 

Kal Ho Naa Ho is a great film; I love it. I'm going to have to make a list of my top five or something someday; not right now though because I can only think of three that would definitely go on there and also one guilty pleasure which shouldn't, but either way KHNH is like my number two or three.

No comments:

Post a Comment