Thursday, October 6, 2016

I'm Speechless, Kristofferson!: Handmade (non-FMF) BJDs

Alright, so apparently there's an entire cottage industry out there manufacturing handmade, handpainted ball-jointed dolls, and it is amazing, and I am just in love with it. Collecting BJDs is way cool. Making your own just blows my mind.

A little background music for the soundtrackless video below.


I'd been about to say more, change the subject and talk about something else, but after that I'm just kind of speechless. 

(Which reminds me, shoot the smart card for the cable box is, not working, for some reason, so I haven't been able to see this week's episodes of any of the shows I'm watching this fall. Which by now is down to Speechless and Designated Survivor, the ABC ones who'd've guessed, I know, though I have tried to catch the CBS ones but failed miserably in estimating what time they'd be on.)

So, yeah. Handmade BJDs. Just the juxtaposition of those up there makes me realize that the closest thing to Fantastic Mr Fox BJDs out there are those thoroughly wonderful but still-not-technically-BJD FMF action figures from Funko. There's a gap there. And VonBorowsky up there is entirely self-taught...

No comments:

Post a Comment