Saturday, October 29, 2016

Things I Have Drawn

Had my third interview today, out of the four authors I'm interviewing. We generated a lot of visual concepts. Got some crazy good directions this thing could go in.

Okay, so by this point you've probably heard of Things I Have Drawn. I say that, because today, I learned of it from like 3 separate sources, all making news articles 'bout how awesome it is. It's like Axe Cop, except with child drawings interpreted in Photoshop? It's like Dave DeVries's Monster Engine, except with photos instead of painting, and animals and people and objects and stuff instead of monsters. It's like... oh, you know what it's like.

(I've noticed that a lot of the most brilliant and creative output comes from people who have no idea what they're doing, then interpreted by someone who does. (Or someone who has no idea what they're doing, working alone, who gets very, very blooming lucky.) Which makes this kind of thing just great.)

The conceit seems to be, it's not Photoshop at all. but that Dom is a brilliant artist whose subjects happen to look like kids' drawings in real life. Great. But get deeper into the lore...

I think actually what it is, based on this one, that he's altering reality by drawing things, is what it's actually supposed to be...

No comments:

Post a Comment