Monday, October 24, 2016

Onto New Projects: Outlet 2016

After all the scheduled time last week, navigating the busy week and weekend, and finally finishing the graphic design class project this morning, printing it out at least and finishing the process book module before class, like, right before class, like, after class already started but still mostly before most of class... after all that, and then after class is over, I find myself... adrift. Like, dang I miss having a schedule, things to circumnavigate and plot ahead and plan for and place around other things. So I think I'll go to bed, and wake up early tomorrow, and have something to do again.

Alright, so with the PSA ad project over, we're moving onto the major project of the semester: the Outlet is a publication of fiction, poetry, essays and graphic design put out by the students of BYU-I. It's won a lot of awards in college graphic design, probably because of the way the business model of sorts is structured: multiple students do their own graphic design for the same piece, and the students vote for and go with the best design.

Everyone in Graphic Design 235 has two poems and two prose pieces, to illustrate. Should give me something to do. It doesn't officially start until the next time Graphic Design class meets, but I'm already working to schedule doing stuff for it... I've contacted the writers of the pieces I'm planning on designing for; only one person has gotten back to me so far, but the thing is she was the one I was expecting to get back to me last, if at all (being technically graduated this semester, but still qualifying for inclusion in this year's Outlet of course.)

No comments:

Post a Comment