Sunday, October 9, 2016

Tombstone: Limited Edition Reuben-ator Pizza

Tombstone have out, for a limited time, Reuben-ator pizza. It's like a Reuben sandwich, as a pizza. I'm sure I've told you before how sick Reubens are, the dopest of the sandwiches; how if I ever open up a restaurant it'll sell nothing but Reubens and be called Reuben-esque, decorated with Rubens paintings on the walls but with sandwiches painted into 'em.

Pretty sure I've told you all that before.

So now there's Reuben as a pizza.

And how great is it?

It's alright, I guess. Really wish the pizza had come out from anyone but Tombstone; alright better them than Jack's I guess but Tombstone are really right there underneath Red Baron as far as these go. And I never realized there was a hierarchy till now. Really, guys, I don't even eat that much frozen pizza; how the heck am I such a connoisseur (two n's two vowels two s's two vowels) all of a sudden? I dunno.

I talk about what makes up a connoisseur in one of the posts of (literal) yesteryear, that I composed for the most part but haven't posted up yet (I should get around to posting those.) I'm not spoiling what it is that makes a connoisseur, as defined by Elder South on my mission, but I'll tell you where to look for it, and maybe you can guess based on the title of the post alone. It'd be called HIPSTER V FURRY, and it's from a series of posts that talk about the ways in which my tagline labels ("autistic Mormon hipster furry brony manchild") war, "bundle of complexities"-style, against each other, the ways in which each are fundamentally compatible/incompatible with one another. It's all kinda crazy when you get right down to it. Look for 'em, when I finally get around to posting 'em up.

No matter how Tombstone Pizza the pizza is pizza, the pizza is still pizza, though. And there are ways around the weaknesses of the pizza itself; ways to re-Reuben-ate it. The crust gets way too hard; the instructions say to bake it on the center rack, but I say something a little higher than that would probably be better? Or try it on a pizza sheet maybe? I don't know. All kinds of ways around that one, though.

There's not nearly enough kraut on the pizza- I'd also recommend topping it off with a little of your own. The thousand island is well-applied, though. And the way the rye is handled, having crouton-y bits as toppings instead of attempting to rye-ify the crust itself, really works well.

In the end, a decent pizza, not worth your time straight out of the box but well worth it with the proper modifications.

What on earth am I going on about...? everyone's a critic...

1 comment:

  1. Yes, put it on a cookie sheet to help the crust not get too hard. Also, the higher up you go, the hotter the oven, so I'm not sure, but I would think to lower the rack instead of raising it.

    btw, your brother's vocab test today includes the word connoisseur, so I thought it was funny that you used it...

    ReplyDelete