Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Hard Drive Troubles are Hard

Feel like going to bed early tonight because I've got a big project I'm a week behind in, which was due on Monday. None of our projects have been graded so far because the teacher's house was burgled last week by heroin addicts- he says he's going to get on grading them tomorrow so I've got time, though I'm not sure how honest it would be to get it in this late. 

Getting mild panic attacks as I progress through it so I have to take frequent breaks; I've come to the conclusion that every night needs to be spent as busy as the nights where things are due in order to make sufficient progress to have them done in time, if we're going to account for that. At the same time, I wouldn't be getting the panics if I were on time with projects; I don't know how to reconcile.

I got a new cord today for the external hard drive, the 500 GB one- I need to put the data somewhere, which is taking up a lot of space, of photos and video I'm making and taking. It still didn't work, so I went back into where I got the cable)-- the same place that fixed as much as they could when I dropped my laptop (I'm sitting in the same location where that happened now, come to think of it)-- and the tech happened to be in at the time, so she could take a fancy look at it. It's basically dead. Even when hooked up to a fancy cable, her computer isn't registering its presence. The $5 cord I got only served to break up the $20 bill I had. Anybody need a mini USB cable?

The whole problem with the hard drive started when Dad asked me to plug it into the Windows 95 or 98 or whatever to see if we could get the files from there. The hard drive had never complained before, and afterward only managed to work long enough for me to extract everything off of it before it died again. Thanks Dad. I'm assuming the troubles stem from that; maybe I dropped this one also, and its core broke into glitter as well. I've disassembled it to the best of my ability/willingness, though; seems okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment