Friday, June 9, 2017

'Parently There was a Reason Synchro-Vox was Discredited as an Animation Technique, GO FIGURE

Painted my mouth green today to experiment with keying tools in After Effects. I was thinking something cheap and easy to produce, like Clutch Cargo, but more convincing than that because this is the future and we've got the technology for it! I ultimately just had to use masking to get what I wanted, but even what I wanted, wasn't what I'd had in mind. It um yeah.

"As far as you know..."

I think it'd rather make for a good style for, I'm thinking something slightly more surreal and/or creepy, think "Baman and Piderman" or "Salad Fingers," type of deal. And well I'd rather watch the Boss Baby than an episode of Annoying Orange, and I'd rather stick a needle into my eyeball than watch the Boss Baby, so I can't say for that, but Steve Oedekerk does some good work in this, what would you call it, genre, medium. Maybe there's a reason they leave the skin of the mouth around, but that was the exact sort of thing I was trying to avoid.

Cartoon mouths remain ideal. We can always experiment with mocap...

Fandomonium tomorrow. It's gonna cost money again, and I'm not that into it this semester if anything I'd just want to see what kind of cosplay they've got going on this semester, so I'm not sure if I'll do much more than, or even go so far as, just chilling outside of the door there.

No comments:

Post a Comment