Thursday, June 22, 2017

Thing About Needles

There was a girl coming out of the adjacent apartment complex with a wolf tail sticking off of her bag; looks like that guy who had a tailed bag isn't the only one with one of those, which means that the second one that day may even have been a different guy. (Maybe this bag tail was, probably, the same tail sticking from under the overcoat.) I asked her what's with that, and she said she likes wolves.

And I've got a thing about needles myself. 

(I didn't actually say out loud, but I said to myself.) 

Needles. Guess I've got the hangup over, graven images being one of the Big Ten, that don't sit right with me. It was brought up in one of the classes at church on Sunday, for some reason, maybe it was just mentioned and I took away the epiphany of what my problem's been with the furry fandom, kind of prodded toward in Vulnerability with the 6-2-1 stuff but never actually articulated in such a manner: making "graven images." Worshipping them over God and all, that's the thing we're commanded not to do. 

Till now I've had Romans 1:22-23, Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things. I'm not sure what any of that means, but it always felt like a good fit to describe furrydom.

It continues immediately, as well, Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen. Also perfect; there's a lot of gay stuff here. GAY STUFF!

(As long as we're discussing that, though, I've got another incredibly hot male actor to add to the list in "Vulnerability"; I've been watching a lot of Bollywood lately, so: Hrithik Roshan. That man is just, too perfect, for words...)

Doing a quick search for the phrases "Christian furry" and "graven images" reveals that I'm basically the only one who has any qualms about this issue, so...

No comments:

Post a Comment