Saturday, June 17, 2017

Things You're Doing When You're Interrupted by Other Things You're Doing

Got a little bit of homework done today I guess. Thank groodness that the only thing due on Monday this time is brainstorming for the subject of our final projects, in Interaction Design, and that it isn't something heavier like it usually is. There were a lot of, business concerns, to take care of. All of this stuff is really happening.

And right now I'm tired. And nauseous.

But speaking of really happening, briefly- I'm no longer gunning for a photography emphasis considering it alongside illustration, but I am considering a printmaking. Right from the outset it's jobbable, which Mom told me to consider when considering degree: I mean, especially with today all the things that happened, I am a printy-type jobby-type person, already. A degree in that thus... should help me still be what I am already? 

I mean, as opposed to the other thing, illustration not photography, where shoot I don't know what kind of job I'd aim at after getting an illustration major; webcomics are fun but it's tough to pay the bills with them, even if you're huge (in which case, the actual income itself wouldn't come from the webcomic itself but merch relating thereto;) I can at least think of, career legitimacy or whatever term you'd use for it. Do I need that? Or should I use my degree to widen my skillset? Thus the question of whether to illustrationize or printmakificate.

That's what I was doing, when my eyes got all puffy and my face all blotchy, yesterday; I was comparing printouts of various degree audits in the library. It had been on the way to (the I-Card office on the way to) the library where I'd stopped to pet the allergenic doggies, and well you know the story from there...

2 comments:

  1. Love the title to your post.

    Have you talked to your faculty advisor? Is there some kind of job counseling available on campus?

    Get some Benadryl to keep on hand to use the next time you have an allergic reaction. If you pet doggies, don't touch your face and make sure you wash your hands.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shoot, did I forget to mention? I've got a meeting scheduled for 11:30 on Monday, with the illustration faculty head; the printmaking meeting is... forthcoming, hopefully.

      Delete