Wednesday, June 7, 2017

RCPC (Rather Cleverish Political Crud)

Sometimes I feel too clever for my own good. Can't think of any specific examples right now- alright I can think of two, but not the third one (which would actually be the second one) which I really wanted to share. Dratsville? The first and third are like political-ish though so ???, which would probably explain why I can't think of putting them anywhere like in TTDECBA or anything, plus they're political so you know ~~~ [funny warbly "so-so/I don't know" sound effect] and I'm not sure if they'd make sense to anyone else but me. 

Like the stuff with Bill Maher recently, calling himself a "house [african american type person]" which was genuinely like whoa WTH, and the stuff before that his previous controversies, like getting chummy with Milo Yanninapolis (dang I thought the spellcheck would catch me on that and tell me the correct spelling, but all it's got is "Anapolis" which I already know how to spell, thanks Google) which was apparently controversial, I just keep on flashing back to that SNL sketch from, 2004 I think, with Christopher Walken as a guest, playing a high school drama teacher whose students are putting on Grease- but he keeps on having to step in with a "whoa, whoa, whoa!" and censoring the lyrics in increasingly bizarre ways, hubba-hubba-hubba flocks! flocks! flocks! like that. So it'd go something like this:

"Go Bill Maher, he's burnin' up the quarter mile..."
"Whoa whoa whoa! Milo? Milo? Milo Yiannopoulos? do you know who that is?? Yeah? come on over here and whisper it in my ear..."

and (something along the lines of)

"you know that he ain't bigger/he's a real house nig--"
"--whoa whoa whoa! a house what?! a house what??We can't use that! That's offensive! To just about everyone!"

Something along those lines. He's keeping his job though, so the analogy (in which Christopher Walken replaces the phrase "Greased Lightning" itself for being "absolutely filthy" "in certain circles") doesn't translate all the way. 

And then there's the scene in Wonder Woman where the title character storms No Man's Land, I keep picturing her as Kylie Jenner just strutting over there and handing out Pepsi to the Germans and converting Ares with the power of soft drink and single-handedly ending WWI. So yeah there's that too.

As for the second clever thing in between those two things...

Ah, that was it. Not just clever things, but awesome things I've found around the, y'know, world or web or whatever, which are worth your time. Found a few of those. That was the second thing. Guess I could share that. Guess I could share that yesterday, which apparently didn't get a post (failed to post in Pretzelize Me, Cap'n! either. Huh.)

No comments:

Post a Comment