Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Spoilers I Know So Far

25 days till Homecoming, and what do I know, after a year or more of carefully avoiding spoilers? There has been some stuff that's trickled down, let's see:


  • something about an airplane?
  • Iron Man's going to be in it, of course. And so is Happy Hogan. Iron Man's going to, I'm thinking team up with, Spider-Man, and Happy Hogan's going to be adorable and awesome and played by Jon Favreau yay.
  • Peter Parker's parents are going to have been in SHIELD- you know, probably. That's what they were in the comics, and now that he's in a cinematic universe that's actually got SHIELD in it... it's an educated guess more than anything. Presumably they died during the Battle of New York. That would tie some narrative threads together nicely.
  • This is at the beginning of the theatrical trailer I have to walk out of whenever it comes before a movie, but it looks to be at the beginning of the film so I think we're okay, but: Spider-Man prevents a bank robbery put on by robbers masked as the Avengers and carrying like a laser gun thing to cut open the vault. Very comic-book. I suppose that there's Stark tech, and the world has lived through at least one alien invasion by this point, but the MCU's getting further and further away from the relative reality base of the first Iron Man, which is interesting.
  • I asked Ryan if we knew who the villain is going to be- he said he didn't know his name. Male villain, so that leaves Black Cat out... But out of the villains Spidey hasn't fought in a film in recent memory...? I hope hope hope it's going to be Kraven, please please please, but I don't know. Ryan knows who Mysterio is (he broke a chandelier bulb once pretending to do Mysterio's "throwing his own head" trick), so it's not that... I'm pretty sure the Vulture and the Rhino are recognizable enough, and they'd probably go for someone relatively well-known, so, out of the Sinister 6, it's looking like, but an obscure one somehow...? oh boy I hope it's Kraven.
  • Mary Jane's in it. Being played by, Zoe Saldana I've heard but she already plays Gamora so ???
  • I don't think it's going to be an origin story, since we've already seen Spider-Man in action?
So yeah, not a lot of definites, which I'm rather proud of. Once again, if I'm right or wrong, and even if it really is Kraven, please DON'T TELL ME.

No comments:

Post a Comment